Great questions. There is no one answer that fits all clients. But for virtually every client, the goal is the same –
Significantly improved results from your website:
- More Top 3 search engine rankings
- Increased traffic
- More conversions – conversions are when a visitor takes an action that your website is designed to get them to take. Conversions are the bottom-line results our clients are ultimately seeking, such as:
o Calls to your office
o Registering for updates
o Likes or shares on Facebook or other social media
o Requests for information
o Online purchases
Why does the time and cost needed to produce results vary from one client to another?
Don’t worry, we’re not saying that your budget has to be open-ended or that you’ll always be waiting for results sometime in the future. In fact, you can tell us the budget you have to work with, and then after we learn about your business, we can make a plan and tell you what results we can expect to achieve within that budget.
However, there are numerous factors that make a BIG difference in how long it will take to see the desired results.
For example, we would need to visit with you a little bit about your business and take a look at your industry and a couple of your competitors before we could accurately tell you how much getting SEO results would cost or how long it would take. Here are some examples to give you an idea what we mean:
– Producing results in an incredibly competitive industry like real estate, financial services, or insurance on a national level would cost a great deal of time, a focused team effort, and a very significant amount of money.
– Producing results for a car dealership on a local level in a smaller community, or producing national ranking results for a highly specialized website like 17th-century reed instrument, would be a totally different story,
So our first step is to gather as much information as we can about your business, your goals, your industry, your marketplace and your competitors, and then make sure we discuss what we’ve learned with you – and make sure we understand everything you need us to understand as well. A good meeting of the minds between you and your SEO professional is key from the beginning and all along the way.
All right, what are the factors that affect the cost and time needed for results?
- Determining the best keywords to go after is a MUST. We need to make the key words general enough to target enough potentially relevant search traffic so we can ultimately reach a worthwhile market-share. But we also need to focus the key-words with enough specificity or unique angle, so that your search results aren’t lost in a sea of general competition.
- How aggressive is the competition with their Internet marketing and how long have you been marketing?
- Does your company stand out amongst the competition and have a unique competitive edge? (Being one of 50 car lots in a city of only 400k people will not be an easy mountain to climb)
- Is your website designed with SEO in mind? Are you open to making changes?
- Do you want to see results on a local or national level?
- Do you have a strategy to produce new content on a regular basis? Search engines LOVE fresh, original, relevant content – love it! Not many business owners like taking the time to write but somebody has to do it — farming this out to somebody who doesn’t know you or your business comes with challenges. We can work with you to find an effective middle-ground that is time-efficient for you but uses your expert input while generating consistent new content on a regular basis.
- How committed are you to work towards ranking in the top 3 on Google? Will you act on the suggestions of your SEO professional and trust them?
We realize our clients want to see results TODAY (so do we – the sooner you start seeing a return on your investment the sooner you become a fan of Saw Web Marketing and tell your friends! If we take significantly longer than we expected or fail to produce the desired results we have failed you and that’s the LAST thing we want.
If you need a new website or interested in putting your existing one to WORK give us a shout – we would love to help!
If this article was helpful or interesting please comment below and share it with your friends (this is how we grow the business and allows us to keep sharing good content) Thank you!
Matthew (hire me)